Do You Need a Business License For an Online Store In Malaysia?
A lot of people are interested in starting an online store in Malaysia, especially due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, there is a lot of confusion when it comes to registering an online business in Malaysia.
This post aims to give you all of the important information about starting an online store in Malaysia and the main steps you have to follow to start an online store.
Do you Need an E-Commerce License?
Whenever you start a business in Malaysia, you will have to register it with SSM. Therefore, you will need a business license to start an online store in Malaysia. Otherwise, your business will be considered illegal. As a result, you will have to pay a large number of fines.
Whether you are running a full-fledged e-commerce business or selling some services online, you will have to register your business. Keep reading to learn how you can start an online business in Malaysia.
4 Steps to Start an Online Business in Malaysia
1. Register with MCMC, if required
2. Register with CCM / SSM
3. Establish Online Store
- First of all, you will need a unique and attractive domain name for your business. It is quite easy to buy a domain through a hosting platform, or you can ask your web developer to do it for you.
- The second step is to choose a suitable company to host your website. Some of the factors to consider in this step are the total storage capacity, cybersecurity, and the time it takes to set up the servers.
- The owner of an online store will also have to focus on designing a user-friendly website that can easily reach a wide audience and sell products.
- A variety of other aspects have to be considered to establish a successful online store, such as providing different payment and shipping options to cater to a large base of customers.
4. Register with Inland Revenue Board
The last step of the Malaysia company registration process is to register and declare your income with the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia. You can easily do it by following the rules and regulations of the Board. You can also hire accounting services to get through this process.
This is certainly the best time to start an online store in Malaysia because the e-commerce industry is rapidly growing. If you choose to establish your business now, you are likely to reach a larger audience and market your products and services.
Even if you have an existing store, you should consider expanding your reach with online platforms and starting an online store. The good thing is that the entire Malaysia company registration process is quite easy. You can easily complete it step by step.
- If your business is related to the telecommunication industry, you will have to register with MMC.
- Register with CCM.
- You will need a unique domain name, an account on a hosting platform, and a website to run an online business.
- You will have to register and declare your income with the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia. Professional accounting services can also help you out in this process.
In a Nutshell
Once you register your online business, all you have to do is focus on marketing your company by targeting various social media platforms and choosing a specific audience for your business.
If you are new in the business world, you can get help from accounting services in Malaysia to ensure you are making the best financial decisions for both the short and long-term success of your business.
For more information, feel free to get in touch with us.