Smart Automation Grant (SAG)
- The qualified company will be eligible for Smart Automation Grant given on matching basis (1:1) up to RM1 Million per company.
SAG will be given on a matching basis (1:1) based on eligible expenditures, up to a maximum grant of Ringgit Malaysia One Million (RM1,000,000) per company.
Who Is Eligible For Smart Automation Grant
2. Effective equity of the company must be at least 51% owned by Malaysians;
3. The company possess a valid Business Licence from the Local Authority;
4. Must be in operation for at least 12 months;
5. Must engage in manufacturing activity in compliance with the Industrial Co- ordination Act, 1975 or service activities which are regulated by specific acts/regulations or governed by relevant ministries/agencies;
6. Eligible for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Mid-tier Companies (MTCs). Definition of SMEs and MTCs as below:
- Sales turnover not exceeding RM50 million; or
- Employees not exceeding 200
- Sales turnover not exceeding RM20 million; or
- Employees not exceeding 75
- Sales turnover from RM50 million to RM500 million
- Sales turnover from RM20 million to RM500 million.
- Reduction of Unskilled Workers
- Reduction in Man Hours
- Increase in Production Volume
- Quality Improvement – Reduction in Defect Rate
- Increase in Services Delivery
- Reduction of Man Hours in Delivering Services
What Is The Project Duration Under This Matching Grant?
- Project must be completed within 12 months from the date of the Approval Letter issued by Authority;
- Any unutilised grant amount after 12 months will be withdrawn by Authority;
- Any request for extension is required to be made at least 2 months before the project end date and is subjected to the approval of the Authority Committee.
Effective Date Of Application