Malaysia Digital (MD) Status Incentive (formerly known as MSC Malaysia Status)
MALAYSIA DIGITAL (“MD”) STATUS SERVICE INCENTIVE (formerly known as MSC Malaysia Status)
1. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
b) Proposing to carry out one or more of the MD activities (please refer Appendix A).
c) Other general conditions:-
- To comply with all applicable permit/licensing requirements and to ensure that the required permit/license has been obtained from the relevant authority for the implementation of MD Approved Activities.
2. BENEFITS OF MD STATUS COMPANIES
i. MD BILL OF GUARANTEES (BoGs)
- A set of incentives, rights and privileges available for MD status companies;
- MD status companies eligible to access or apply for, amongst others:-
- Tax incentives (income tax exemption or investment tax allowance);
- Foreign knowledge worker quota and passes;
- Multimedia / ICT equipment import duty and sales tax exemptions;
- Freedom of ownership by exempting local ownership requirements;
- Flexibility to source capital and funds globally
ii. OTHER BENEFITS
- Access to the local and international market and ecosystem;
- Business matching and partnership;
- Grant and funding facilitation; and/or
- Participation in MD catalytic programs.
3. COMPANIES WITH MD STATUS COMPANY WILL HAVE TO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS WITHIN 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF AWARD OF SUCH STATUS:
THE MALAYSIA DIGITAL ACTIVITIES Research, development and commercialization of solution and/or provision of services in relation to any of the following technologies or areas:
- Big data analytics (BDA);
- Artificial intelligence (AI);
- Financial technology (FinTech);
- Internet of things (IOT);
- Cybersecurity (technology/software/design and support);
- Data centre and cloud (technology/software/design and support);
- Creative media technology;
- Sharing economy platform;
- User interface and user experience (UI/UX);
- Integrated circuit (IC) design and embedded software;
- 3D printing (technology/software/design and support);
- Robotics (technology/software/design) Autonomous (technology/software/design and support);
- Systems/network architecture design and support;
- Global business services or knowledge process outsourcing;
- Virtual, augmented and/or extended reality – new/additional activity ;
- Drone technology – new/additional activity ;
- xix. Advance telecommunication technology – new/additional activity ; OR
- Other emerging technologies deemed significant for the digital ecosystem subject to approved by the Approval Committee – new/additional activity.
Need More Info ?
Speak with our friendly team today!